You’ve heard of dermaplaning but you are not sure what it is and how it can help you.
Well good thing you stumbled upon this post!
By the time you are done reading this post, you will know what dermaplaning is and 10 ways it can help improve your skin.
What is dermaplaning?
Dermaplaning is a fancy word for shaving off the top layer of your face with a scalpel.
Oh! Don’t click away just yet- it is not as scary as it sounds.
Your dermatologist is trained to perform this procedure and so there is nothing to be afraid of – in case the word “scalpel” was about to cause you to flee.
When you undergo dermaplaning, this shaving removes dead skin cells as well as those “fuzzy hairs” on your face that make it look uneven.
After you undergo the procedure, you will find that your face will be smoother and since dead skin cells will have been removed, your skin will look fresh.
Some people prefer to get a dermaplaning procedure done just before a chemical peel.
Alternatively, you can get it as a standalone procedure.
Whichever one you choose, you will be happy about the results a dermaplaning procedure delivers.
10 benefits of dermaplaning
Here are ten benefits of dermaplaning.
- As mentioned above, the removal of the “fuzzy hairs” on your face will help your skin look smoother and younger.
- Your skin will be brighter and take on a special glow after dermaplaning.
- If you wear makeup, you will find that your makeup will go on smoothly and you will not see blotches and uneven patches of skin.
- Dermaplaning is non-invasive and so unlike other procedures, your skin is not harmed or traumatized in any way.
- It is helpful for people who have excess hair and breakouts.
- No chemicals are used. So there is no “downtime” as would be in the case of a chemical peel for instance.
- Dermaplaning is can also increase the effectiveness of acne treatments.
- Dermaplaning minimizes pores. Pores are the openings in your face from where hair emerges. When there is excess build up of dirt and oil along with the hair, the pores become bigger. Dermaplaning is a manual exfoliation process that can reduce the size of your pores.
- Dermaplaning will also help hide wrinkles.
- This one is not a benefit but we can assure you that once you try dermaplaning, you will want to have it done again and again!
Have you tried dermaplaning?
What was your experience?
We are curious to hear your thoughts in the comments below.